16 April 2009

In search of ... chips

OK, so I'm planning food for my upcoming birthday bash (how can I possibly be that old?)...

I've got a hankerin' for some chips that I remember from my childhood. They're maybe not around anymore - I've been looking for quite some time now.

I recall that they are "taco" flavored, but maybe they were just really strong nacho? They were definitely round tortilla chips. And very salty over the flavoring. I'm sure they're horrible for me, but I just couldn't stop eating them!

I *think* they were Old Dutch brand... I think...?? [No, they're not the "old" Doritos.] Maybe Tostito's?

Anyone seen these in recent memory? I've been surfin' the intarwebz for nearly an hour, trying to find 'em... no luck yet.

1 comment:

  1. FYI: a reasonable sustitute was found, and it was acceptable. I think they were "Arriba" something... different shape, similar flavor to my memory.

    ReplyDelete